Next PGBA Monthly Meeting: Thurs. Oct. 19, 2017 ~ 9AM ~ Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association conference room.
The Punta Gorda Boaters’ Alliance “Dock Match” program is a service provided to assist those in the City of Punta Gorda affected by Hurricane Irma find dockage and makes it easy for dock owners to publicize their available dock space.
Boaters Welcome to Punta Gorda & Charlotte Harbor
Why Boat to Punta Gorda & Charlotte Harbor?
If you have visited Punta Gorda in the past, you have already experienced a pleasant, casual cruise on Charlotte Harbor. You have likely discovered our upscale marinas, friendly people and an active, FUN community.
Many people who call Punta Gorda home, arrived by boat and decided to stay. They found a gem of a destination with plenty to see and do.
Charlotte Harbor is the second largest harbor in Florida covering over 200 square miles of sparkling waters and aquatic preserves. Charlotte Harbor waters and Punta Gorda are nationally acclaimed destinations for visiting cruisers, tourists and potential new residents. Sail Magazine has listed Charlotte Harbor as one of the top ten places to sail in the United States.
- Our Punta Gorda Welcome Chart tells you where to tie up, anchor or launch.
- The City’s Calendar of Events gives you insight on what’s happening around town.
- Read Local Weather Conditions – including exciting news about a new harbor weather station!
- The Boaters Resources page lists special services and facilities to accommodate visiting boaters.
This website is compliments of Punta Gorda Boaters Alliance and is designed to meet the needs of all boaters who wish to explore Punta Gorda and the waters of Charlotte Harbor.
You’re invited to enjoy all our area has to offer.
- Fri26Feb2016Charlotte HarborShow details
All PGSC and area racers and cruisers are invited and encouraged to participate in this year’s annual Conquistador Cup Regatta. For the first time, skipper’s will have their choice of registering online or mailing in their entries. Skipper’s choosing not to race can participate in the Sunday only “Parade of Sail” aimed at reaching the 100 sails on the Harbor vision of the deed of gift. Shore side social activities are planned for all three day.
- Sat02Apr20161pm-4pmBayfront Center, Punta Gorda
- Tue19Apr20168:00 pmOnline
- Thu21Apr20167:00 pmPunta Gorda Civic AssociationShow details
The public is welcome to attend the monthly business meeting for the PG Boaters Alliance.
Program will include: New Ordinances and Regulations, Hans Wilson of Hans Wilson Engineering
Other area status reports by Police (Officer Kennedy), Public Works (Gary Disher, Cathy Miller), Pump out boat, Mooring field off Gilchrist, Harbor Weather Station, Waterfront Activities Center/Breakwall and Learn to Sail programs.
- Wed27Apr20166:00 - 7:30PMFort Myers Library
- Sat21May201610am-2pmPunta Gorda Boat Club Dinghy BasinShow details
Have you ever fired a flare gun, lighted a hand-held flare, used orange smoke signals, tossed a ring buoy to a person who has fallen overboard? If not, then come to the Boating Safety Equipment Demonstration for the opportunity for hands-on instruction in the proper use of safety equipment.
- Sat21May20162pm-4pmPunta Gorda Boat Club
- Mon30May2016Punta GordaShow details
Learn to Sail, Inc, in cooperation with the Charlotte County YMCA, offers sailing instruction on Charlotte Harbor for all ages. Summer Sailing Camp for students 8-18 begins May 30, 2016. It will operate Monday – Friday, 9AM-4PM. Saturday sailing will be available for former students and Junior Instructors who want to hone their skills. During camp, smaller students sail Optimist Prams. Older students sail Sunfish or Laser Picos, new 12’ training boats.
- Fri23Sep2016Sun25Sep20163-day eventShow details
The weekend of September 23rd 2016 marks the return of the annual pirate festival held along the water at Fishermen’s Village in Punta Gorda.
After a brief hiatus, this highly anticipated event is back in full swing this year with several new additions to its entertainment lineup along with many favorites from the past.
Thousands of spectators and countless pirates will join in the festivities held Friday, September 23rd through Sunday the 25th in the waterside town of Punta Gorda where each year the Mayor of Punta Gorda officially proclaims this fun city as “A Quaint little fishing village with a pirate problem.”
Pirates, and pirates-at-heart, visit Fishermen's Village to plunder and pillage the local shops, restaurants and the vast array of vendors at this family & pet friendly Pirate Festival.
The 7th Annual Fishermen’s Village Pirate Fest hosts a variety of free Pirate Themed activities and events throughout the 3-day weekend. There will be an abundance of pirate characters and beautiful mermaids, a living history pirate encampment, live entertainment and lots of exciting interactive games for both the young and old to enjoy.
There are more than a quarter mile of shaded corridors and breezeways at this unique covered nautical themed waterfront mall and resort where you will find an assortment of art, craft, food, and pirate themed vendors that complement the local shops & restaurants both inside and out.
One of the many highlights of this festival is the pirate Water Battle where area boaters participate in a smoke-filled exhilarating battle along the docks of the fun infested waters of Charlotte Harbor.
This year’s melee begins with the attacking boaters being repelled by pirates with an arsenal of cannons and black powder weapons. The excitement builds as the participating boaters threaten the dockside patrons with an assortment of water weapons and are met with opposition from super soakers fired by patrons from the docks.
This year’s Pirate’s Ball (Adults Only) will be held at the Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association located at 2001 Shreve St., Punta Gorda, FL, one mile south of Fishermen’s Village. The Ball will take place on the evening of Friday September 23rd from 8-11 pm and will offer a nice mix of piratical entertainment featuring performances by the Bawdy Boys and the Brigands.
- Sat29Oct2016All DayLaishley ParkShow details
Punta Gorda’s 2016 War on the Peace Dragon Boat Festival
We need you and your friends as volunteers! On race day, Saturday, October 29th, we'll need sixty or more volunteers in order to have a successful festival. Volunteers will be provided water, lunch and a volunteer T-shirt. VIEW THIS INFO
- Thu03Nov20169:30 amTBA
- Sat19Nov20161:00 pmTBA
- Mon09Jan20171:30 pmBayfront Center Classroom
- Tue10Jan20179:30 amBayfront Center Classroom
- Wed11Jan20173:00 pmBayfront Center Classroom
- Wed11Jan20179:00 amBayfront Center Classroom
- Fri13Jan20171:30 pmBayfront Center Classroom
- Sat28Jan20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat25Feb20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat25Mar20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat22Apr20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat27May20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat24Jun20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat22Jul20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat23Sep20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat28Oct20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association
- Sat25Nov20178am-5pmPunta Gorda Isles Civic Association