Membership, Advertising, Supporting the PGBA
Our Purpose and Bylaws
The purpose of The Boaters Alliance is to promote and enhance boating and the boating industry in The Punta Gorda/Charlotte Harbor area. We envision The City of Punta Gorda and Charlotte harbor as the heart of recreational boating and the boating industry in Southwest Florida. We encourage the respect of boating/ as well as promote proper and environmentally sound use of the waterways. The Punta Gorda Boaters Alliance will engage in and promote civic projects which foster a wider understanding appreciation of boating.
Membership is open to area boating clubs, organizations and marine oriented businesses. Individuals should be a member of a boating club, as voting is done by a representative or an alternate representative only.
Yearly dues of $75 is invoiced to each club in January of each year.
- Each club or organization is required to appoint a representative member and an alternate representative, which will be listed in the PGBA roster.
- These individuals will receive periodic emails with news, minutes and the President’s monthly message.
- Boaters Alliance takes on projects throughout the year, it is hoped that these representatives will also be involved with project committees and tasks.
PGBA is an “alliance”, intended to be a source for marine information that can be disseminated by a few to many. It seeks to have a voice in the local marine community – and to do that our members, our passionate boating organizations, need to be involved.
Marine Industry Memberships
Marine-oriented businesses are invited to join Punta Gorda Boaters Alliance. As we encompass the entire Charlotte Harbor waterway, not just Punta Gorda, PGBA seeks to be a voice to not only boaters but also businesses that support boaters.
Yearly dues for business members is $75, invoiced in January of each year and payable on receipt.
Other sponsoring / advertising opportunities exist on the PGBA website. PGBA offers businesses additional recognition that can help highlight a sponsor to area and visiting boaters.
PGBA promotes our website to area tourism sources, cruising networks and state/local governments. Not an “ad-click” type of advertising, your support of the Alliance shows that you care about promoting the marine industry in the community.
Support the PGBA through Advertising
[Images below are the actual ad size]
Marine-Based Business Advertising
Cost: $200 per year + $75 membership fee, billed in January
- 215px x 96px banner ad on the home page top (we can help you create this from your existing logo)
- Membership page: your business name in bold text and linked to your website
- A voting and Business Member partnership
Advertising on the Weather Station page
Cost: $500 per year, invoiced on a rolling basis
Our new weather station is ready to install and go online in June, 2017. Your advertisement support on this page will help with maintenance costs for the system. This is a Boaters Alliance-owned station that is Coast Guard and City of Punta Gorda approved. With real-time weather out on the Harbor (on Marker 4 at this time, expansion is planned to Marker 2), this website page promises to be well visited!!
Your ad on this page will bring you additional exposure and click-through statistics can be measured.
Special Advertising for “on the water”, non-marine businesses
Cost: $300 per year, billed in January (prorated throughout the year to $25/month)
Intended for businesses who service the boating community but are not a marine-based business.Get your business ‘seen’ and supported by boaters and visitors, while you support your community!
- Restaurants, real estate companies, downtown organizations, etc. who wish to support the PGBA
- Home page “Supporting Businesses” slider, page bottom. Banner size: 190px x 88px
- Members page in “Supporting Businesses” list, your name linked to your business website
- A non-voting partnership with PGBA
Your check may be mailed to: