The Punta Gorda Boaters Alliance (PGBA), a non-profit organization, was formed in 2004 and today represents over 3,000 area boaters. Membership includes boat cruising clubs, yacht clubs, marinas, commercial marine businesses plus advisory representatives from the City of Punta Gorda, Charlotte County, Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association, TEAM Punta Gorda, Fish & Wildlife, Coast Guard Auxiliary and the Peace River Sail and Power Squadron.
Join us on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 9 – 10:30 AM in the Punta Gorda Civic Association conference room, Punta Gorda, to find out about what’s going on in the Charlotte Harbor marine community. EMAIL US for more information.
Next PGBA Monthly Meeting: Thurs. Mar. 16, 2017 ~ 9AM ~ Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association conference room.
To Advance and Protect the Interests of the Boating Community in the Punta Gorda Area.
- Develop programs that enhance and support environmental issues.
- Track governmental actions that may impact boaters’ rights.
- Explore and support Youth Sailing and Safety Programs
- Respond to Grant opportunities that support Boaters Alliance programs.
- Support tourism in Punta Gorda and Charlotte County.
- Develop a website that promotes Punta Gorda and the Charlotte Harbor waterways as a prime, attractive boater destination.
- Continue liaison with the City, County and Team Punta Gorda on waterfront and on-water issue.
- Promote safe boating through education and Vessel Safety Checks.
- Periodic meetings with all marine law enforcement agencies to update the contents of the “Boaters Alert” card.
- Provide newspaper articles with items of interest to boaters.
- Initiated the creation of the Punta Gorda “Welcome Beach.” The Mariners of PGI Cruising Club maintain it.
- Implemented the “Keep a Clean Canal” program. The PGIslanders Cruising Club organizes it each year.
- Implementation and on-going maintenance of the “Keep A Clear Head” program to promote environmental awareness.
- Support the Peace River S&P “Captain’s Challenge Club” to promote a 100% safety trained boaters within PGBA member clubs.
- Implementation and on-going maintenance of the “Boaters Alert” card, in tandem with Sea Grant Florida, to guide area boaters who may encounter on-water emergency situations.
- Develop and provide continuing maintenance of the “Boat2PuntaGorda” web site to promote Punta Gorda area as a prime boating destination.